On May 15, 2006, LTG Joseph L. Yakovac, Jr., Director, Acquisition Career Management (DACM), Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics and Technology, announced the DAU Senior Service College Fellowship Pilot Program. The first 10-month class began in Huntsville, AL in August 2006. After a successful completion of the pilot program, Huntsville was approved as a permanent SSCF site. The TACOM Life Cycle Management Command SSCF Program in Warren, MI commenced in July 2007. Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD joined the SSCF Enterprise with its inaugural class in July 2009. Picatinny Arsenal Seminar, NJ joins the SSCF Enterprise in July 2019. DAU SSCF provides leadership and acquisition management training for Army Acquisition Corps members at the GS-14/15 level or equivalent. A Department of the Army centralized selection board selects individuals for this opportunity.
The program contains the following areas:
• Executive leadership and mentoring
• Program Manager’s Course (PMT 401 Certification)
• National Security Module
• Senior Leadership Speaker’s Program
• Completion of a Senior Research Project
• Master’s Degree Courses
SSCF develops civilian acquisition leaders in preparation for roles as product and project managers, program executive officers, and other key acquisition positions. SSCF also helps prepare participants for positions in the Senior Executive Service (SES). The program is intense but does provide the time to think and reflect—normally not available in the government workplace.
Fellows who successfully complete the fellowship will be equipped to:
• Apply the knowledge and leadership tools gained to assume positions with higher levels of responsibility within the government;
• Lead and strategically guide at the highest levels in the DoD;
• Mentor individuals within their commands and areas of responsibilities; and
• Operate at the most senior levels within the government.
For additional program and eligibility information, please review:
2017-2018 Defense Acquisition University (DAU) Senior Service College Fellowship (SSCF) Program Opportunities