The benefits associated with AMPM include:
- Corrective actions can be implemented during test or can be delayed until the end of test;
- Reliability can be projected for future milestones;
- The model can project the impact of delayed corrective actions on system reliability;
- The projection takes into account the contribution to the system failure rate due to unobserved B-modes;
- In situations where there is an apparent steepness of cumulative number of B-modes versus cumulative test time over an early portion of testing after which this rate of occurrence slows, there is methodology to partition the early modes from the remaining modes. These early B-modes must be aggressively and effectively corrected.
- Additionally methodology exists to handle cases where there is an early "gap" or if there appears to be a difference in the average FEFs in early or start-up testing versus the remainder of testing (an apparent or visual difference in failure rate in the initial testing).
This product support analytical tool was identified as part of a database provided solely to assist defense acquisition workforce professionals to identify best value product support solutions which optimize system readiness and life cycle cost. Neither the Department of Defense or the Defense Acquisition University provide any warranty of these tools whatsoever, whether express, implied, or statutory, including, but not limited to, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or any warranty that the contents of the item will be error-free. This analytical tools database should under no circumstances be considered as being all-encompassing, and is in no-wise meant to endorse the capabilities or products of any particular individual, company, or organization.