The purpose of the IPT-D is to help the user choose an appropriate IOT profile and obtain the necessary metrics for developing a reliability program plan. The IPT-D contains two tools called the IOT Planner - Discrete and the OC Curve Plotter - Discrete. These tools can:
- Aid in conducting tradeoff analyses involving the reliability demonstration test parameters, the requirement parameters, and the associated risk parameters for planning reliability demonstration tests;
- Display possible IOT test durations based on the required inputs and the associated risks; and
- Calculate the goal reliability needed in IOT (RR+) using OC curve methodology.
The benefits associated with IPT-D include:
- IOT Planner - Discrete tool can help the user choose an appropriate IOT test duration that satisfies the reliability requirement and Consumer/Producer risks;
- OC Curve Plotter - Discrete tool can verify that the user's inputted IOT profile is valid;
- Both tools provide the user with important metrics associated with the IOT profiles (e.g., the goal reliability needed in IOT); and
- Both tools provide the user with the necessary metrics to develop a reliability growth plan (specifically RR+).
Integrated Product Support Element(s) Addressed
Department(s) associated with tool
- Navy / Marine Corps
- Air Force
This product support analytical tool was identified as part of a database provided solely to assist defense acquisition workforce professionals to identify best value product support solutions which optimize system readiness and life cycle cost. Neither the Department of Defense or the Defense Acquisition University provide any warranty of these tools whatsoever, whether express, implied, or statutory, including, but not limited to, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or any warranty that the contents of the item will be error-free. This analytical tools database should under no circumstances be considered as being all-encompassing, and is in no-wise meant to endorse the capabilities or products of any particular individual, company, or organization.
This tool is part of a suite of reliability growth tools offered by AMSAA. For more information on the other tools available, visit the
DAU AMSAA Tool Suite page.