The purpose of the IPT-C is to help the user choose an appropriate IOT profile and obtain the necessary metrics for developing a reliability program plan. The IPT-C contains two tools called the IOT Planner - Continuous and the OC Curve Plotter - Continuous. These tools can:
- Aid in conducting tradeoff analyses involving the reliability demonstration test parameters, the requirement parameters, and the associated risk parameters for planning reliability demonstration tests;
- Display possible IOT test durations based on the required inputs and the associated risks; and
- Calculate the goal MTBF needed in IOT (MR+) using OC curve methodology.
The benefits associated with IPT-C include:
- IOT Planner - Continuous tool can help the user choose an appropriate IOT test duration that satisfies the MTBF requirement and Consumer/Producer risks;
- OC Curve Plotter - Continuous tool can verify that the user's inputted IOT profile is valid;
- Both tools provide the user with important metrics associated with the IOT profiles (e.g., the goal MTBF needed in IOT); and
- Both tools provide the user with the necessary metrics to develop a reliability growth plan (specifically MR+).
Department(s) associated with tool
Part of the AMSAA Tool Suite
This tool is part of a suite of reliability growth tools offered by AMSAA. For more information on the other tools available, visit the
DAU AMSAA Tool Suite page.